Raddis® is transforming the cotton value chain!
And we call upon the textile & fashion industry to join our transparent “Farm-to-Product” value chain with a proven positive footprint for people and the planet.
Fulfil your sustainable objectives with so much more than just good cotton...
Together with our brand partners we actively grow world’s first regenerative cotton value chain
Join the Raddis®System and improve ecosystems,
empower lives and unite people with the way you do business.
Over the next 5 years, we’re working to:
- Convert 25,000 acres of cotton from degenerative to regenerative production systems
- Increase water retention capacity by 20-30%
- Increase farm biodiversity (species and genetic) by 100%
- Remove 12,125 kg of toxic pesticides
- Remove 3.022 ton of synthetic fertilizers
- Sequester 16,175 ton of carbon in the soil
- remove 60,000 ton of CO2 from the atmosphere
- Eliminate GMOs from 25,000 acres
- Double the income of 12,500 farmers by increasing premiums and reducing the cost of cultivation
COTTON IS THE WORLD’S NUMBER ONE NATURAL RESOURCE FOR TEXTILES
OF WHICH CURRENTLY ONLY 1% IS GROWN ORGANIC
Did you know that:
- 27 million tons of cotton are produced each year. Most of our clothes are made from conventionally produced cotton that uses massive amounts of pesticides and freshwater.
- More than 300,000 farmers have committed suicide in India since 1995, because of huge debts related to pesticide, fertilizers and seed suppliers combined with disappointing crop yields.
- 2 billion T-shirts are sold per year and each t-shirt takes about 2700 liters of water IF made from conventionally grown cotton.
- Rising demand for the 1% of organic cotton is causing huge price increases, bigger earnings for the middlemen, and a boosting fraudulent activities around certifications.
BIG CHANGE STARTS WITH A SMALL SEED
FROM SEED TO SOUL
We are convinced big changes starts with a small seed: Organic and in-transition cotton grown in South India.
WITH A FOCUS ON WOMEN
We favor working together with tribal women farmers with a strong focus on regenerating ecosystems and communities.
FROM SEED TO SHOP
From the cotton seed onwards we carefully select and oversee our supply chain partners to produce yarn, fabric and finished garments but it does not end there.
Re-use and recycling is in our mind from the onset. In full transparency, appreciating all those involved.
RADDIS®COTTON: THE ULTIMATE SOURCE FOR TRUE CIRCULARITY
Raddis® stands for Radically Disruptive!
We shake-up siloed organisations, collaborating and co-creating across procurement, marketing and CSR teams.
Our approach opens-up new opportunities for engagement, unlocking budgets and helping businesses ensure their ESR (environmental and social responsibility) activities align with their supply chain strategy.
The Raddis®System is based on a farm impact subscription model which links your cotton demand in yarn, fabric and finished products to the assigned acres of farmland with organic “in-conversion” cotton cultivation.
This enables you to create real progress, secure your growing organic cotton supply and share the authentic stories you made possible from “Farm to Fashion.”
AND YOU...ARE YOU READY FOR A CHANGE?
“ It is through our farmers, that we return back to the soil much more than we take from it .”
Aneel Kumar Ambavaram – our founder
WHAT IS REGENERATION?
Regeneration goes beyond sustainability, to actively restoring and nurturing, creating conditions where ecosystems, economies and people can flourish.